Ambri, an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT, is seeking a Senior SQA Engineer to lead Software Quality Assurance of Ambri’s Battery Management System (BMS), and Energy Management System (EMS).
Ambri is seeking an individual to be a senior member of the Ambri system engineering team. The position requires working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to ensure fully automated requirements-based testing for a complex utility scale energy storage using Ambri’s Liquid Metal Battery technology. The individual in this role will be called upon to be an innovative problem solver, provide technical leadership, work cross functionally, and communicate effectively with others within and outside the organization.
- Expert knowledge of the Software Life-cycle model and importance of independent and deterministic testing.
- Help prepare design requirements and system–level architecture documents with traceability tags for the software / firmware portion of Ambri’s energy storage solution.
- Lead SQA efforts to automatically build, test and validate SW/FW on both Linux and RTOS based systems.
- Work with software and electrical engineering disciplines to ensure overall system requirements are meeting cost and performance requirements.
- Help establish build server and oversee the release of the firmware images to production.
- Perform regular static analysis on code
- Reliability testing - statistical quality control
- Set up all aspects of Configuration Management, before, during and after deployment
- JIRA – Maintain bug tracking system and hold regular release meetings as needed
- Test FW for PCB manufacturing test and validation
- Take responsibility for all test activities, ensure solution meets requirements, and execution meets schedule requirements.
- Help establish guidelines for Software Quality Assurance (SQA) for independent requirements testing, automatic repeatable operations eliminating regressions with each FW release.
- Participate in design reviews
- Help establish Unit Test guidelines: I/O, performance, etc
- Work with Program Management on estimating project effort, reporting on project progress and task execution.
- Validate software / firmware architectures meet and aligns with integration of hardware and software product requirements
- Validate with System Engineering ensure the system state machine and control logic is established and well defined
- Validate with System Engineering to establish warranty, profile and usage information is well defined
- Help establish firmware and software change control process and system to ensure revision control is established and maintained
- Working with the system team, define the firmware/ software modules and steps required to meet product development schedule and deliverables
- Help define the firmware/ software development and quality evaluation processes
- Support System level review and analysis for DFMEA or other cross functional needs as required
- Must have at least a BSC degree, MSC or higher preferred
- Deep knowledge of C, C++, Perl and Python coding
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability of working well within a team and independently to achieve results
- Familiarity with testing interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, CAN, and Modbus
- Proven track record with:
- Testing on various embedded operating systems
- Network TCP/IP technology
- Releasing of code in a timely predictable manor to production
- Agile software development methodology
- ISO9000-3 certification
- Demonstrated expertise in testing and delivering firmware for complex power systems
Why work at Ambri?
Ambri offers its employees a fantastic opportunity to advance a career while commercializing a transformative technology that will change the entire electricity industry. We are a venture capital-backed company with high-integrity leadership that is focused on making positive change. You will be working on a novel liquid metal battery technology in an environment that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking while driving towards results. Our team is small, and you will have the opportunity to take on a great deal of responsibility. We have a top-tier benefits package and extra employee perks such as weekly company lunches and semi-annual community service outings.
Ambri is an MIT-spin-out company that is commercializing an innovative grid-scale electricity storage technology that will transform the way power grids are operated worldwide. Ambri’s ‘Liquid Metal Battery’ will lower electricity costs, enable more widespread adoption of renewable resources like wind and solar, and improve grid reliability. Ambri is headquartered in Marlborough, MA. The company is backed by top-tier investors including Bill Gates. We are constantly seeking intelligent, creative, and ambitious individuals to join our team to help us change the world.
Ambri is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. Ambri does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or serious medical condition, protected genetic information, political beliefs, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.