Mechanical Engineer I/II
Ambri, an energy startup commercializing an innovative battery technology first developed at MIT, is seeking a full time Mechanical Engineer II in Cell Development. This individual will focus on design for manufacturability and leading small projects. This role reports to the VP of Technology Management.
• Drive efforts to reduce cost of components and processing costs in the Ambri liquid metal battery cell
• Work with vendors to discover alternative lower cost approaches to making components
• Review material choices and work with the supply chain staff to review global supply chain constraints and high-volume costs
• Organize tests of new materials and designs to confirm no negative impact on verified cell designs
• Outside of DFM work, lead design of projects that support the R&D prototyping of Ambri cells
• Follow through changes from idea to implementation and documentation
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
• 2-5 years’ experience working on mechanical design projects in an industrial environment
• Experience with CAD drafting software, preferably SolidWorks
• Familiarity with design for manufacturing (DFM) is a plus, but not required
• Self-starter who is driven to complete work despite setbacks
• Ability and desire to work in a research and development environment
• Flexibility. Capable of working both independently and part of a fast-moving team.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
Ambri is an MIT-spin-out company that is commercializing an innovative grid-scale electricity storage technology that will transform the way power grids are operated worldwide. Ambri’s ‘Liquid Metal Battery’ will lower electricity costs, enable more widespread adoption of renewable resources like wind and solar, and improve grid reliability. Ambri is headquartered in Marlborough, MA. The company is backed by top-tier investors including Bill Gates. We are constantly seeking intelligent, creative and ambitious individuals to join our team to help us change the world.
Ambri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. Ambri does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or serious medical condition, protected genetic information, political beliefs, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application was submitted successfully.